Friday, June 22, 2018

Always Choose Kind

And he said "ma'am would you like a bouquet of flowers?"
And I looked at him and said "her middle name is Sunflower."
And he said, "that's the exact flower I was going to give you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think it's time I shared my story...
I once thought I could never go vegan. I once thought, how could I ever give up cheese. I once thought these things but then my baby died.. She took her last breath while nestled on my heart, cradled in my arms. She was taken away from me through death. I had an epiphany one day while deep, deep in grief. Why would I ever consume a product that benefits from tearing a baby away from it's mother? Why would I ever be okay with that. When my baby was taken from me, I had no choice, my baby died of natural circumstances. Cow babies are taken from their mothers, taken to their own demise and unable to drink the milk created for them. After Lucy died, my milk came flowing in, waiting for my baby to drink. She never did and I literally felt my body, my breasts weeping. I can't even imagine what these loving cows experience every year when their newborn calf is taken from them and then pump after pump is attached to their breasts so that another species can consume the milk that was made for their baby.
I shared this story with a cashier today because I was asked "Why did you go vegan?" and she was taken by my story and then another cashier who was also listening immediately offered me a bouquet of flowers. Now I'm sitting here teary eyed with a handful of Sunflowers and I am so grateful that I had the strength to share my story today and how a simple act of true kindness gave me the courage now to share it with you.
Can I say that giving up any form of animal product does not compare in the pain of giving up your child. Please have compassion and respect for all living creatures. If anything I feel liberated and free knowing I'm trying my best to do no harm. Plus afterall eating vegan is so fun and delicious!
Your choices can be kind. Always choose kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment